My photo
Tennessee, United States

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reading your Bible?

I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in such a long time. I don't have any excuse-I just haven't taken the time to write. When I first began writing this blog -I had a certain idea in my mind of how I should do it.. I tried so hard to make this blog what I thought it should be and it became too much like work and not something I could enjoy doing on a daily basis. I began dreading to sit down to write my blog-so I quit. Many times in our lives we make things much harder than they have to be. This is what I did concerning this blog. I made it more difficult than it had to be.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in East Tennessee because, the sun was shining and the sky was clear. I sat on my porch and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee while I talked to my sister on the phone. We talked about everything - from spring cleaning and projects that we wanted to get accomplished to her job and things she needed to get accomplished. But, there was one subject we discussed that has made a deep impression upon me and that is "our bibles". We discussed our passion and love for the word of God and the importance of reading and studying the bible.

This morning as I was drinking my coffee and reading in the gospel of Matthew- I began to reflect over our conversation and the significance of that conversation truly began to take root inside of me. A feeling that words can not explain began to churn deep inside of me. I truly wish that everyone would feel passionate for God and His Word. Think about this- How can we know God if we don't read His Word? John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. And also; Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

From reading these two scriptures we learn that the word of God is alive!! Did you notice the word "active" this tells us that the word of God is not idle. The word of God is mobile! Able to move. Jesus told his disciples "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you received it, and it will be your. Mark 11:23-24 The word of God is powerful and strong and through knowledge of the word we can have power and authority over the enemy. When you read and study the Word of God-you will become a stronger Christian. You will also go deeper in your relationship with Jesus. I encourage you to read your bible today and begin a more intimate relationship with Jesus.

2 comments:

Samantha J said...

Great blog! I love you mom and your doing great. Keep the good work up!
Love,
Samantha (Daughter #2)

Jackie J. said...

Thank you Samantha, Your love and support means the world to me. You are always there for me-You are a blessing to me.