My photo
Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Don't Lose Hope!

I recently heard about more layoff's that were going to take place across the state of Tennessee. These employee's are going to receive notices in the mail concerning their jobs. First of all, I can't imagine going to the mail box and finding out that I don't have a job anymore. My heart goes out to these folks. I have walked through financial difficulties and I know what it feels like to lose everything you have worked for. I know what it feels like to be forced to sell your home and then make payments on that house- that you longer live in. It is a difficult thing to live through - to struggle to buy grocery's and keep the bill collectors from taking everything.

Most people at one time or another in their lives will go through financial difficulties. We are living through a terrible recession. Folks across the U.S.are struggling to buy grocery's and keep the electricity/utilities on and running. Many have lost homes, cars and are forced to move back with parents if they are lucky and have parents that will help them. Many people are hanging on by a thread and are in despair and have lost hope.

I want to speak hope into your life today. I want to tell you that you can make it. I know - I have lived through some terrible times. I can honestly say that those difficult times molded me into a stronger and better person. Those days of doing with out forced me to lean on Jesus and trust in Him. Jesus told his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Mt. 6:25-28
When your circumstances seems to be at the darkest - that is the time when God can move and bring you through to the other side. I want to encourage you to put your faith and trust in Him. Jesus also said, "Come to me all you who weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mt. 11:28-30 Jesus is telling us to trust Him. He will take care of us. We are to give our troubles and worries to Him and He will meet our needs and provide for us. But; something much more important than our physical needs is our spiritual health. When we decide to trust in God then He will heal our souls and spirit. When we learn more and more of Jesus- the more we grow in our faith and trust in God. This is why it is impertive that Christians know the word of God and can call on the word and stand on His word in times of troubles and trials. We can learn to stand on His promises and He will fullfill His word to us.

"So do not worry, saying "what shall we eat? What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But, seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."Mt. 6:31-34

No comments: